Monday, June 09, 2008

Fish for Dinner



Hi people,

Sorry it's been a long time. I'm back for one or two posts. On Saturday I got a new fishing rod for my birthday (Oma and Opa gave it to me). It came with a tackle box with everything in it.

That day we went to Caloundra to try it out. We fished for an hour and caught one fish, a bream. It was about 22cm long. The problem was... we didn't have a bucket... so we had to give it away. During that hour we had plenty of entertainment because someone nearby caught an eel, which we had to help them with - getting the hook out of its mouth with my special tool. They also caught a "happy moment" (that's only the nickname... I can't remember the proper name) which has a poisonous spike and the man got stabbed by the spike. The wound hurts for 36 hours! We got this information from a professional fisher.

The next day we fished for three or four hours and caught 6 bream, believe it or not! A lady walking past gave us a whiting because they didn't want to bring it home. So we got lucky. This time we had a bucket, and tonight we're eating the fish and I'll tell you how they tasted afterwards.

Bye for now,
C

No comments: