Tuesday, June 10, 2008

fish are gone

Back again.
Just telling you how the fish was cooked and how it tasted.
Firstly, dad put 2 garlic cloves and olive oil together in a bowl, then squeezed a lemon fresh from our tree into the bowl. Then he painted the mixture onto some aluminium foil, and all over the cleaned fish and inside the fish and lastly wrapping the five fish in the foil and baking them in the oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
He served the fish with chips and herb and cheese tomatoes. A cook told us to bake them for 40 minutes and the flesh would just fall off the bones.
It did.
Dad pulled out the skeleton when it was cooked and the taste was great. It was tender with just enough garlic and lemon.
We also cooked the whiting and shared it around the table. It also tasted better than the bream. We shared a couple of the bream with our next door neighbours who like fresh fish.
bye for now,
Big Chris

3 comments:

Anny Kraal said...

Hi Christopher,
Sounds fantastic.... glad to hear that the fish tasted nice; next time we'll have to taste some as well don't you think; having said that, that is if you catch some more!!
The "happy moment" is a Black Travelly.

Vawz said...

I know this comment has nothing to do with fish (I don't 'do' fish) But I wanted to drop you a line (at 2am in the morning - I cant sleep) and tell you I saw a Land Rover with English plates just driving down the road from my house with all the Camel Trophy fruit still on it! All the sponsor stickers, the spot ights, the bog plates, just like the videos. I almost ran off the road trying to get a good look at it! It was sweet. I have (much to my own discust) bought another 4WD. It is a diesel Jackaroo (Isuzu engine 3.1) 1993. Not bad. Trying to run it on used cooking oil!

me trying to look philosophical said...

thanks Scotty...Christopher is now watching the Kalamantan video AGAIN!
:-)
He now wants me to buy a 4WD ride-on mower, which I must admit would be useful on some of our slopes.
Anyway, hope you're well.