Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hudson Hornet

You probably heard this story from dad's blog, but its good to tell it in my own words.
The other day we were coming back from Toowoomba. We were driving along and I was playing one of my favourite games - telling brands of cars.
A few cars ahead of us, I spotted this old grey car. I though for a moment and said to dad, "That's a Hudson Hornet." Dad said, "I don't think there's many Hudsons in Australia." He thought it was a Humber.
We had to overtake it because it was probably at maximum speed (about 80km/h). While we were overtaking, Catherine and I spotted the badge and you can probably guess what it said. If you can't guess, it was a HUDSON HORNET.
Dad was sitting next to me in the back seat and I got a loving whack because I was laughing at dad.
After we got home, my Pa sent me an email about Hudsons and how they were built in Toowoomba from kits. They were broken down and packed in a wooden crate like a shipping container. Pa used to sell them.
My other grandfather didn't even know Hudsons existed.
Christopher

No comments: